So you’ve been invited to be a guest in an Artifact interview. What can you do to ensure that the finished podcast is the best that it can be?
First, go ahead and accept that invitation! We’ll communicate with you via email if we have any follow-up questions about the direction or content of your Artifact. Then we’ll send you a customized questionnaire, which will provide our interviewer with context for the conversation.
Once you’ve answered all the questions — it should take about 10 minutes — you’ll see a link to schedule your interview. There’s no back-and-forth trying to find a time that works for you and the interviewer; you just select a time that works for you from the open slots on your interviewer’s calendar.
Now the big date has arrived!
Find a quiet place. The more you can reduce background noise, the better your final episode will sound. Keep the dog downstairs. Wait to run the dishwasher. Close the windows on a busy street. Let the other people in your household know that you need 30 minutes of relative peace.
Once you’re in a quiet and comfortable place — a glass of water at hand never hurts — it’s time to join the interview. We provide two options for participating in your Artifact interview.
- The preferred method is via a web or mobile browser. This provides the best audio quality. There are three things to keep in mind:
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet. We recommend using the Chrome app on a computer or laptop, but you can also use a mobile phone.
- Connect headphones if you have them.
- Click the “Cleanfeed” link provided in your confirmation email. This service helps us record high-quality audio. If there is trouble with the connection, don’t worry — your interviewer will call you on the phone.
- The other option is to join using the phone by dialing the number provided in the calendar invitation and reminder emails.
The interviewer will walk you through the rest. It’s their job to read over all the information you and/or the buyer (sometimes that’s the same person) have provided via the purchasing process, the questionnaire, and any other pertinent emails or conversations. Now you just have to open up and enjoy the chat, which should last around 30 minutes.
Once you hang up, the next step is just waiting to hear your edited Artifact!
Have no fear: You’ll receive all these instructions again via email before your interview. You’ll also receive a bit of information about your interviewer. It’s just another way we hope to make you comfortable!
Finally, if you have any questions, need to reschedule, or something goes wrong, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 792-4001.
We look forward to speaking with you and capturing your story!